Export presets are a great way to speed your workflow. I find them especially useful for quickly export images to suitable sizes for social media. To save you some effort I have just posted a package of Adobe Lightroom 5 export presets to prepare your images quickly for posting on Instagram.
Both presets are configured to constrain the long edge of your image to the currently recommended sizes for Instagram. The current prefered sizes are a 612 pixels for a desktop in lightbox mode, and 510 pixels for the Instagram Mobile App. Don’t forget to use a 1×1 crop ratio on your images before running the export to get the most of my Instagram export presets.
Once you have downloaded the presets, extract the files from the zip file and import the presets from your export dialog box. Use the following steps to help you import the presets
- Extract the Lightroom export preset templates from the zip file
- Open Adobe Lightroom 5
- Select Export from the File menu to open the export dialog bog
- In the preset window, right click on the User Presets header and selct Import (see the screen shot below)
- From the open file dialog box navigate to one of the preset files you extracted in step 1, select the file and click the open button
- You’re ready to use your new export preset
Although I am not asking for any compensation for these presets I would ask for one favor from one photographer to another. If you do find the presets useful please follow me on instagram @usalpblaser. Feel freel leave a comment on one of my photos as well. I would love to hear from you.
If you’d like some more tips on using Adobe Lightroom in your Instagram workflow check out my previous post on an Instagram workflow for DSLR photographers
If you are looking for other Lightroom export presets for social media sharing check out of a few of my other free downloads.