With the release of Adobe Lightroom 6 in April of 2015 it is time to provide an updated set of free Lightroom 6 export presets for Instagram. These presets are great for any photographer working primarily on a desktop environment and looking to transfer images from a PC or Mac to Instagram.
Included in the free download is a preset configured to constrain the long edge of your image to the currently recommended 1080px size for Instagram. Assuming your going for the square crop don’t forget to use a 1×1 crop ratio on your images before running the export to get the most of my Instagram export preset.
Once you have downloaded the presets, extract the files from the zip file and import the presets from your export dialog box. Use the following steps to get the export presets installed:
- Extract the Lightroom export preset templates from the zip file
- Open Adobe Lightroom 6
- Select Export from the File menu to open the export dialog bog
- In the preset window, right click on the User Presets header and select Import from the menu (see the screen shot below)
- From the open file dialog box navigate to one of the preset files you extracted in step 1, select the file and click the open button
- You’re ready to use your new export preset
Since I am giving these presets away for free, I would ask for one favor from one photographer to another. If you do find the presets useful please follow me on instagram @usalpblaser. Feel freel leave a comment on one of my photos as well. I would love to hear from you.
Legacy Low Resolution Mobile and Desktop Preset
If you are looking for my legacy presets that were good priot to the Julz 2015 Instagram resolution improvement check my legacy Instagram Lightroom 6 Export Preset (low res 612px export) This package of two presents includes one preset for the higher res desktop feed, and slightly lower res presets for the legacy mobile app.
If you’d like some more tips on using Adobe Lightroom in your Instagram workflow check out my previous post on an Instagram workflow for DSLR photographers. You’ll find some great tips here on using Airdroid to get our images over to our Android device for posting to Instagram.
If you are looking for other Lightroom export presets for social media sharing check out of a few of my other free downloads.
- Download Free Lightroom 5 Twitter Export Presets
- Download Free Lightroom 5 Facebook Export Presets
- Download Free Lightroom 5 Instragram Export Presets